Friday, June 24, 2005

THE PAST STILL MATTERS

I admit. I am a young old man, and I am not ashamed to be found in the presence of those who have lived in the glorious days of this still-floundering Republic, nor am I ashamed to admit that I actually desire to live in Sta Cruz once I have the chance.

But for now, while I neither have both chance and opportunity except to hear Mass in Sta Cruz or chat with my favorite Capampangan old-money seller near the foot of the bridge, I hark back to days gone by by visiting this lovely site: PUPU PLATTER: {a delectable selection of oriental appetizers}

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
From Filipinas: 1847 by Jose Honorato Lozano (Manila: Ars Mundi, Philippinae, 2002.Hardcover, 285 pagesPhp 4,300.00, US $86.00ISBN 9719258101)

Proves that not only is the past exciting and fun, it still does matter in this age of ignorance and disgrace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Term Papers And Research Papers - Please help promote this college students organization by not changing the counter link.  Thanks.
Buhayin ang Maynila